The Spitfire Mk.IX Simulator Cockpit will be made available in the following formats:
- Plans with water jet cutting patterns for plywood, aluminium sheet and mild steel plate.
- Bend diagrams for plating.
- Cutting details for standard extrusions.
- Purchase electronics components and some of the more custom bits directly off our site.
- Full assembly drawings and manual.
- 3D Printing components purchased on our site and printed and distributed through Shapeways.
- Fully assembled, on site, turn-key simulator, without motion simulation platform.
- Fully assembled, on site, turn-key simulator including motion simulation platform.
Details on this and costing will be available by the end of the year. Before the products become available we will be thoroughly testing and doing quality control on the packages. This will be done through building and testing the prototype.
We will also gauge the demand for an interface with say the Spade Grip to the Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick and make that available earlier. Such an arrangement would not have the full functionality of the TM joystick as the Spitfire grip only has gun control (safety, cannon, MG and both) and brakes.
NOW AVAILABLE: THROTTLE QUADRANT DESKTOP DISPLAY MODEL!
The Spitfire Mk.IX Engine Hand Control has turned out to be such a thing of beauty that we have decided to release it as a Desktop Display Model.
This will have many advantages.
- It provides the hobbyist with a fantastic working desktop display model.
- It provides a glimpse of what is to come for prospective Spitfire Simulator builders.
- To aircraft home builders, it provides a full scale working throttle quadrant that can be adapted to their own requirements. (A modification to the Mixture Control will be made for this, currently it works through the triggering of 2 microswitches at the travel extremes. An extension to the lever will provide for an additional control rod)
Those who are contemplating the purchase of the full set of drawings, cutting patterns and 3D components when they become available, will get the opportunity to assess the quality of the information provided and of the 3D printed components.
The display model covers the full ambit of information to be provided for the complete build, amongst others:
- Waterjet cutting patterns for plywood, aluminium and steel plate
- Assembly drawings
- Parts lists
We have released the plans for the desktop display and have the components ready for purchase from our Shapeways shop now.